Re: new kernel thiks modem is busy.

lawson_whitney@juno.com
Thu, 01 Apr 1999 00:50:12 Ame

AFAIK the 2.0.x kernels don't administer busy at all. They leave that
up to the application/libc to do by way of lockfiles. I don't think you
can drop a 2.2.x kernel on top of an unprepared 2.0.x system and expect
everything to work. That's _why_ they changed the version. I think
RedHat has a list or rpm of what needs to be changed at their ftp site.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was something in the README for
the 2.2.x kernels, also, and perhaps something where you got the kernel.
Take a look around ftp.linux.org? I'll make do with 2.0.36 until I
_need_ something only a 2.2.x kernel can do :-).

Lawson
>< Microsoft free environment

This mail client runs on Wine. Your mileage may vary.