Re: Slow mouse with 2.2.2/2.2.3 SMP

Tom Holroyd (tomh@nibh.go.jp)
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 12:25:59 +0900 (JST)

On Sat, 3 Apr 1999, Gert van der Knokke wrote:

>While running X and moving the mouse it (the mouse pointer)
>sometimes stops moving for a short moment and then continues
>again. At the moment the mouse pointer is moving again there is
>disk activity.

Yea, I get the same thing on my UP Alpha 2.2.5, usually when the system
swaps something out it can get very unresponsive. But hey, it's busy. It
doesn't actually _lose_ the interrupts, because the mouse JUMPS to the
correct position afterwards. Same for you?

Dr. Tom Holroyd
I would dance and be merry,
Life would be a ding-a-derry,
If I only had a brain.