[OFFTOPIC] GNU/Linux

Bruce J. Bell (bruce@myxo.ugcs.caltech.edu)
5 Apr 1999 06:43:03 GMT

On Sat, 3 Apr 1999 14:59:23 -0500, Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:
>A number of people have asked me to stop posting "off-topic" messages
>about the name of the operating system.

>I regret the annoyance of, and the need for, this thread. But [...]

RMS, I respected you for your past leadership of the free software
community, the creation of the GPL, and for your personal efforts in
building free software tools.

But, if you ever again start an offtopic flamewar in a forum that I use,
I will consider myself freed of any obligation to you and your organization.

(apologies for contributing to the disruption)

Bruce

--
You are the lens of the world:
the lens through which the world may become aware of itself.