Re: 2.2.5 Initio SCSI support

George Bonser (grep@shorelink.com)
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 03:40:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999 bvermeul@blackstar.xs4all.nl wrote:

> In mailinglist.linux.kernel, you wrote:
> >
> >2.2.5 will not seem to support my INI9100A SCSI card while 2.0.37-pre
> >works just fine.
> >
> >I copied the ini9100* and i90* files from the 2.0.37-pre over but I get
> >the same problem:
>
> The ini9100u.* and i91uscsi.* files should work in both 2.0.x and 2.2.x.
>
> >System sees the controller on bootup, resets the bus, but fails to find
> >any drives. Is there an exact list of all files I should try to move over
> >to 2.2.5? I suppose I could try moving the entire drivers/scsi dir.
>
> ini9100u.* and i91uscsi.* is all of it.
>
> >2.2.5 continiues to reset the bus and always times out looking for
> >devices.
>
> I haven't had any problems so far. Is it an ultra scsi controller, or fast
> scsi? The fast scsi controller isn't supported by this driver. I've got
> a driver for the INI-9100 here, but haven't ported it to 2.2.x yet.
> If you want, I can spend some time in porting it, but I'd need you to test
> it, since I haven't got that particular controller.

It is a fast SCSI, the 9100A (not the 9100U). But I am also having trouble
with an adaptec 2940 fast scsi on the same machine. I verified the card
worked on another box, something weird with the PCI on this motherboard or
bad BIOS version or something. ISA cards work fine.

The adaptec card gives me some more info, it looks like it looks for
target 0, times out, then finds it, goes to target 1, times out, then
finds it, then tries target2 which does not exist and hangs forever. I
wonder if it is some kind of edge/level thing.

> If the suggestion in a previous post doesn't help (the 'noapic' thingy),
> and it's a Initio 9100U(W) card, please let me know, and I'll see if I can
> find where the driver is going wrong.

COuld you send me that again, it is buried in a mailbox blizzard.

Thanks for the assist.