Re: problems with SCSI cdrom

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 23:24:16 +0100

On Tue, Apr 06, 1999 at 01:50:14PM -0700, John Haggerty wrote:

> Well it seems like I'm getting punished again for not sinking several
> years of labor and approx $5,000
> for the state of the art computer and perphrials that are all exciting
> to use with linux that developers like. When booting up a 2.2.3 kernel I
[...]

Come on, this must be a troll, right?

Did you want any help or not? 'Cos winding up the people who might do it isn't
a good idea..

I know lots of the developers here work on hardware that hasn't been
cutting edge for years.

> get the following errors with regard to the cdrom
> Future Domain 16-bit SCSI Driver Version 5.50 scsi0: <fdomain> BIOS
> version 3.4 at 0xca000 using scsi id 7

Well, if you can't afford anything else, I'd get a new SCSI controller. From my
experience of Future Domain controllers, all they're good for is popping in
the toaster.

Ah, that explains something.

--
"House Plants are for ornamental use only and not for consumption"
Notice in Sainsbury's Supermarket, London - Daily Mail