Re: Odd problem with UDMA drive and 2.2.3-pre3 and 2.2.5

Andre M. Hedrick (hedrick@Astro.Dyer.Vanderbilt.Edu)
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 18:03:07 -0500 (CDT)

On 7 Apr 1999, Dale E. Martin wrote:

> "Andre M. Hedrick" <hedrick@Astro.Dyer.Vanderbilt.Edu> writes:
>
> > There is nothing wrong with the drive or mainboard.
> > PIIX3 can,t do UDMA.
>
> OK, someone should tell Tyan:

I did and argued with them about the Tomcat III and Titan Pro.
They know it and use widget drivers to back peddle the speed,
while you think that UDMA is active..........

> TYN TITAN-PRO V5.1 5/8/98
> V5.1 Award BIOS for all Titan Pro series motherboards. Includes a pci vga
> irq setup item and support for UDMA33 HDD, Zip/LS120 floppy drives and CPU
^^^^^^^
Translates to I can see and fake you out, but I really slide back to
DMA mode 2.

> 1Mb cache. Now supports the Oxygen 3D Video Card. AWDFLASH.EXE included
> in archive.

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy
http://www.dyer.vanderbilt.edu/server/udma/2.2.5.uniform-ide-6.19.patch.gz