Re: [OFF TOPIC] Virtualizing x86 Hardware

Tim Smith (tzs@tzs.net)
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 00:41:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999 kernel@draper.net wrote:
> Is this possible? Many of these operating systems implement multiple

Yes.

> The TLB issues alone must be a nightmare.

The whole MMU must be a nightmare. It's a damned impressive piece of work.

> Too good to be true, snake oil me thinks. Yet, VA Research and Red Hat
> CEOs are offering testimonials. Aeyeee...whiplash.
>
> Does anyone on the list have experience with this stuff? I need a
> reality check.

Uhm...it's a free download of the beta. You could just try it. I've
run Linux, FreeBSD, Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows NT using vmware.

--Tim Smith