RE: [OT] MS to release source code

Ng, Kenneth (kenng@kpmg.com)
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:35:08 -0400

You can bet the source they release will never be the source that they use
or had used. They will have to delete all those "accidental
incompatibilities" to make competitors' products stop working. Otherwise if
they released the real source code they would open themselves up to lawsuits
from perhaps hundreds of companies that have suffered because of them.

is unauthorized.