Re: Please!! Help me to help us to use WinModems in Linux

Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 22:04:46 +1000

On Sat, 10 Apr 1999 14:22:25 +0300,
Lauri Tischler <lauri.tischler@efore.fi> wrote:
>Riccardo Facchetti wrote:
>> Of course I will buy a decent PCMCIA Lan+Modem card (I've heard
>> the xircom one is very good) but if someone will make a winmodem working
>> team I will be more that happy to join the team and help.
>Isn't Xircom still on the blacklist because they will not release specs

Specs are now available, even for the Cardbus cards such as the 10/100
+ 56K modem (RBEM56G). A driver is being developed. See
http://hyper.stanford.edu/HyperNews/get/pcmcia/xircom.html