Re: current->uid

SynFl00d (synflood@endor.sick.cl)
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 13:16:13 -0400

On Sun, Apr 11, 1999 at 05:22:47PM +0200, Rogier Wolff wrote:
Just my 2 cents, NOTE i'm not a programmer or a kernel hacker...

> There is a macro "suser" in older kernels that did something like
>
> return (current ->uid == 0)
>
> which is now replaced by capabilities stuff. That capabilities stuff
> is much better.
>
> Replacing that macro with
>
> return (current->uid == root_uid)

couldn't be better to use a something like this???

if (current->uid == 0) {
return 0;
} else {
return root_uid;
}

also that way, maybe, INIT will not start to complain if uid 0 is not
the power/super user...

the BIG BIG problem about this, is that script kiddies will still able
to run exploits and so on....

as i say before i'm not a programmer, and my knowledge of C is limited...

but i read the original message and i just thought it could be interesting
to say it..

Flames will be redirected /dev/null :)

--

Syn Flood email : synflood@endor.sick.cl