Re: looking for info on kernel_thread

Jason A. Pfeil (pfeil@nu.cs.fsu.edu)
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 12:20:29 -0400 (EDT)

kernel_thread is used to create the kernel-level processes like kswapd,
bdflush, and others. I would tend to think that it is preemptable like
any other process, but I could be wrong. Feel free to correct me. :)

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 pwhiting@fury.ittc.ukans.edu wrote:

> I am looking for some details about kernel threads.
> I see kernel_thread defined in arch/whatever/kernel/,
> but I am not totally clear on the details of how it
> works. Specifically, how is it scheduled? Is it
> preemptable? (my guess is no.)
>
> Is there a doc/book available with any details?
>
> thanks.
>
> pete
>

> -

----
Jason A. Pfeil pfeil@cs.fsu.edu
Network Administrator jpfeil@lsi.fsu.edu
CASDL (850)644-8014; fax: (850)644-4952
Learning Systems Institute University Center C-3519
http://idl.fsu.edu Tallahassee, FL 32306-2540