Re: Linux TCP Fixing everyones problems? WAS(Re: TCP push sometimes missing under 2.2.5?

Matt Ranney (mjr@ranney.com)
13 Apr 1999 12:01:16 -0700

jamal <hadi@cyberus.ca> writes:

[...]
> If the admin is really serious about getting the issue resolved then they
> should contact the vendor -- maybe these vendors will react.

Or more likely, the blame will fall on Linux and the vendor will do
nothing. Sure, Linux has been getting a lot of good publicity lately,
but if Linux is not as fully interoperable with the rest of the world
as we can make it, many people won't bother. Barely perceptible
performance degradation is vastly preferable to loss of
functionality.

[...]
> Spare me the wisdom

Along with the interoperability fixes?