Re: AMD PCSCSI (AM53c974) driver bug in 2.2.x in SMP but not

David A. Ranch (dranch@trinnet.net)
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:22:33 -0700

Hello Kurt and kernel Gurus..

Yes! This new "tmscsim" driver worked! I haven't had a chance to
stress test it yet but at least the machine now boots in SMP mode
and the system is usable.

With this behind me, could I make a request for Alan or another kernel
patch submitter? Please add something like the following to the the
kernel help text ( the ? prompts ) for the AM53C974 SCSI controller:

"NOTE: This drive is NOT SMP safe. Please use the (Tekram DC390/Generic
AM53C974)
instead."

--David

| David A. Ranch - Linux/Networking/PC hardware dranch@trinnet.net |