Re: [patch] page cache in per-inode RB-trees

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 21:59:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

>thing (that I used while benchmarking RB in userspace). All the rb-code is
>not inline but it's fastcall. It's not inline because I don't want to lose
>L1 caching.

I am a bit worried by rb_search... Such function is short enough to be put
inline for real...

So here it is a new patch:

ftp://e-mind.com/pub/linux/kernel-patches/rbtree-search-inline-2.2.5_arca11.bz2

It's again against 2.2.5_arca11 and it replaces rbtree-2.2.5_arca11
completly. It would be also interesting to know if putting rb_search
inline make real differences (it was just a fastcall..).

Well if you are going to benchmark the rb-tree code probably is better
that you apply this little variation that will _only_ avoid an asm "call"
for every search.

Andrea Arcangeli