Re: PATCH: Small changes to README

Kurt Garloff (K.Garloff@ping.de)
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 18:23:58 +0200

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

On Wed, Apr 14, 1999 at 10:57:16PM -0400, Horst von Brand wrote:
> Joseph Pranevich <knight@baltimore.wwaves.com> said:
> > This patch is a small one to clarify a few small things that may confuse
> > the newbies. It's not a big deal and definately won't creash your
> > computer. Mainly, it adds another line of explanation about the bzip2
> > kernels and doesn't assume that the end user will always be using
> > Linux/i386.
>=20
> There are no bzip2 kernels, the bzImage is _big_ zImage format.

He was taling about smth like linux-2.2.5.tar.bz2 which you can find on
quite some servers. This can be concluded from the patch.

> BTW, encoded patches are unreadable for most people, I'd like to eyeball
> your patch without much hassle.

Use mutt.
I agree, however, that plain text is much nicer.

--=20
Dipl.Phys. Kurt Garloff <kurt@garloff.de> [Wuppertal, FRG]
Plasma physics, high perf. computing [Linux-ix86,-axp, DUX]
PGP key: see mailheader / key servers [Linux SCSI driver: DC390]

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/--