Re: Problem with smp Kernel 2.2.5 and ISDN B1 card

Ingo Molnar (mingo@chiara.csoma.elte.hu)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 14:19:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Gerhard Maierhoefer wrote:

> <4>PCI->APIC IRQ transform: (B0,I14,P0) -> 18 <---
> why that ? /Mh

IRQs arriving through IO-APIC pins can be mapped to 'high' interrupts. The
Linux PCI layer completely hides this from drivers, ie. if you use the
proper PCI primitives it should work just fine. PCI drivers should expect
any IRQ from 0 to NR_IRQS-1.

> Apr 18 22:25:18 i686pro1 kernel: b1pci: PCI BIOS reports AVM-B1 at i/o
> 0x9600, irq 12 <-- in SMP kernel 2.2.5

where does the driver get irq12 from? We do not rewrite the PCI
configuration space, so if there is some direct poking going on you can
get irq12. Does the driver use the PCI layer to get information about the
card?

-- mingo