Re: Failing drive? S.M.A.R.T. utilities?

Bob McElrath (mcelrath@draal.physics.wisc.edu)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 12:38:32 -0500 (CDT)

Note that my SMART errors are on a SCSI drive, and seem to appear as SCSI
errors. Looks like you guys are all talking about IDE...

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Andre M. Hedrick wrote:

> There is a widget that Gadi wrote and I have a copy of and will hunt for
> it. I was working on new smart code additions but have been side tracked.

> > > IBM might be able to help out, considering they initially wrote it (if I
> > > remember right).
> >
> > I too have tried to contact IBM on this issue, and have received deafening
> > silence. I get errors that appear in syslog that I'm fairly certain come
> > from SMART, but I've no idea how to decode them.
> >
> > I'd be very interested in anything you come up with.

-- Bob

-- Benjamin Franklin

Bob McElrath (rsmcelrath@students.wisc.edu) Univ. of Wisconsin at Madison