Re: Problem in sys_vm86 or QuakeII on 2.2.6?

Aaron Tiensivu (tiensivu@pilot.msu.edu)
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 21:37:05 -0400

On Sun, Apr 25, 1999 at 06:10:00PM -0400, Frederick W Reimer wrote:
> O.K., I'll try the mrproper and, failing that, rebuilding SVGAlib. First, I'd
> like to try an earlier kernel. I might also try rebuilding MESA and the other
> libraries that it uses with -march=pentiumpro...

Using the 'pentiumpro' setting might open up a real can of worms depending on
the version of gcc/egcs you are using. I think the latest snapshots are safe
but I remember hearing about odd problems as a result of using the 'pentiumpro'
setting overall.

Someone that knows better please correct me if I'm wrong but I'd suggest
not using it as a way to track down problems.. it might just introduce new
ones.

--
Which is worse, ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?
Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer