Re: audio fs emulation

Dan Hollis (goemon@sasami.anime.net)
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 04:17:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, RoboHak wrote:
> And what happens if the CD already had a directory or file named audio in
> it's root directory? Adding files or directories for the audio tracks to
> the same place as the data will always have the possibility of causing
> problems. 2 seperate mount points like a audio and data directory under
> the mount point, or having audio files in the root of the mount point and a
> data directory under that are the only 2 ways I can think of doing it
> without the possibility of naming conflicts.

How about just allowing mounting the device twice. (This would be nice for
a variety of reasons actually, not just audiofs)
Then the user can put anything they want anywhere they want.

mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom0
mount -t audiofs /dev/hdc /mnt/audio

Or

mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom0
mount -t audiofs /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom0/audio

Well VCDs and XA discs do something like this (yes, vcdfs is fictional)

mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom0
mount -t vcdfs /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom0/mpegav

-Dan