Re: Socket stuck in CLOSE_WAIT state

Alex Buell (alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 20:44:51 +0100 (GMT)

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> Its a bug. I've also been sent a possible fix for it if you want it. Its
> sufficiently hard to cause (needs to be local) and peculiar I've got the fix
> scheduled for 2.0.38pre1. "Fixing" a TCP bug this close to .37 is likely to
> be bad engineering decision 8)

Alan, this bug also occurs in the 2.2.x kernels (at least, 2.2.5 & 2.2.6).
This scares me because I tend to annoy a lot of people on IRC 8) I guess
I'll have to be nice to people for a while until the fix gets into
2.2.7...

Cheers,
Alex

--
"A mind opened by new ideas can never return to its original limits"

http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk