Re: The long Re: no interrupts to 3c509B

Lawrence MacIntyre (lpz@ornl.gov)
Sat, 01 May 1999 15:33:30 -0400

I just got through playing this game. We got an HP Pavilion 6470Z and
it works fine with the 3c509b in ISA mode when running Linux, but in
Win98, all of the IRQs that the card wants to use already have something
on it, and the BIOS option to reserve an IRQ seems to be ignored (at
least I tried IRQ 10, and something grabbed it anyway). The card only
works in PnP mode (on Win98). Perhaps that's because this machine has
too many boards plugged into it;-)

The sad thing is using a 3c509b in a modern machine, but in Linux, every
PCI card I've tried ends up with IRQ 0 and won't work. Does anyone have
any hints for that problem? I've tried 2.0.36 and 2.2.4 (with and
without pnp support).

Lawrence ~ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lawrence MacIntyre Oak Ridge National Laboratory 423.574.8696 lpz@ornl.gov http://nrg.cind.ornl.gov/~lpz