Re: vgafb and old BIOSs

Simon Richter (geier@phobos.fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de)
Sun, 2 May 1999 05:41:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 1 May 1999, Riley Williams wrote:

> Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question, primarily
> because I don't know what your question was...

Its hard not to hit ^X when you mean ^C and you've just stood up at 22.00
in the evening. :-)

Anyways, the question was how I could get a simple fb device up and
running on a machine with a BIOS that is not VESA 2.0 compliant. It needs
to have 1280x1024 in 16 bit, noone should ever change resolution, depth or
something. Is there some driver/patch/... that could do this?

Simon