Re: K6 and mtrr support

Matthew Vanecek (mev0003@unt.edu)
Sun, 02 May 1999 05:33:42 +0000

"W. Michael Petullo" wrote:

> I was wondering what the hold up is on merging the K6 mtrr support in the
> ac kernel series with the mainstream kernel sources? This feature has
> been in the ac kernels for a while, but it does not appear to be in
> the mainstream as of 2.2.7. Anybody know when this will happen?
>
> --
> W. Michael Petullo

Let me add my cry to the clamor. It works, it doesn't cause my K6 to
crash; I've experience no oopses with it. In short my computer runs
just as well as, if not better than, it did before. It's just a matter
of applying the patch, as far as I can tell. So is there a reason why
Linus continues to put it off?

--
Matthew Vanecek
Course of Study: http://www.unt.edu/bcis