Re: IDE parms ignored w/2.2.7?

David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Tue, 4 May 1999 09:21:06 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Richard A Nelson wrote:

> I've a 2.2.7 kernel, used for multiple systems, and its working fine -
> except for an IBM PS/2 9595 (MCA) all SCSI box.
>
> On the 9595 box (with the newest MCA scsi drivers 3.1e), SCSI only
> (IBM Fast SCSI-2 Adapter), I'm getting errors that the MCA SCSI
> code can't obtain IRQ 14... Bummer, I need IDE devices for some
> of the other boxen ;-{
>
> I read ide.txt and then used the following in lilo.conf (on one line):
> append="mca-pentium,ibmmcascsi=display,0x3540,7,
> hda=none,hdb=none,hdc=none,hdd=none,ide0=noprobe,ide1=noprobe"
>
> However, I still see the errors from hd{a,b} and ide0!
>
> Have I missunderstood ide.txt?

Well, I saw that you got some other answers on this one, so I just have
one comment to make: the mca-pentium option is removed in the v2.2.x
kernels, so you don't need to specify it. If you experience trouble with
PS/2's with a pentium, use no-hlt instead; it basically does the same
thing. However, unless there are any troubles (freeze on bootup), don't
use that option. Not all pentium-processors have this problem.

/David Weinehall

_ _
// David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </