Re: [Fwd: SMP/Zip/SCSI Lockups]

Kurt Garloff (garloff@suse.de)
Wed, 5 May 1999 01:22:51 +0200

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

On Tue, May 04, 1999 at 06:39:42PM +0100, Ian Smith wrote:
> oops.c:42: bfd.h: No such file or directory
> make: *** [oops.o] Error 1
>=20
> bfd.h does not appear to be in my source tree, nor anything with bfd in
> the filename.

bfd.h comes with your binutils:
garloff@kurt:~ $ rpm -qf /usr/include/bfd.h
binutils-2.9.1.0.4-2

> > > EIP: 0010:[<c01ab735>]
> > > Call Trace:=20
> [<c01abce3>]=20
> [<co1b0378>]=20
> [<c01ac2c5>]=20
> [<c010aa65>]
> [<c01abeab>]=20
> [<c0112852>]
> [<c0119b65>]=20
> [<c0106000>] c0106000 T get_options
> [<c010abbd>]=20
> [<c0108c9c>] c0108c9c T ret_from_intr
> [<c0106000>]
> [<c0107347>]=20
> [<c01075b7>]
> >=20
> > Those values for me in System.map
>=20
> All but the two above were not found - is this possibly right? Even I
> couldn't have made so many typos!

You don't need to find exactly matching adresses. The functions consist of
more than one machin instruction ;-)
Just look for the function in System-map with the largest number being
smaller than the one reported in the Oops.

Regards,
--=20
Kurt Garloff <garloff@suse.de> SuSE GmbH, N=FCrnberg, FRG
Linux kernel development; SCSI driver: DC390 (tmscsim/AM53C974)

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c--