Re: Status of Linux SCSI generic implementation

Kurt Garloff (garloff@suse.de)
Wed, 5 May 1999 08:19:52 +0200

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

On Wed, May 05, 1999 at 11:07:20AM +1200, Max wrote:
> what is the current status of this and what are the plans for the
> future? Apparently there is a lot of hurt feelings on the side of the
> creator of the famous cdrecord program...

According to me, J=F6rg has some good points, and we should carefully read
his discussion.
IMHO, sg should be redesigned to make it better suitable for cdrecord and
sane (the two main applications). I'm afraid, that in 2.2 not much can be
done, because we don't want to change the interfaces.

I don't know the sane authors, but I'd like to talk to them and to J=F6rg,
when making the 2.3 sg driver. I would really enjoy, if they would help to
design (and implement) an enhanced sg driver.

The midlevel SCSI code needs reworking too, but his is definitely a 2.3
project. High-Level is OK, apart from sg, acc. to me.

Regards,
--=20
Kurt Garloff <garloff@suse.de> SuSE GmbH, N=FCrnberg, FRG
Linux kernel development; SCSI driver: DC390 (tmscsim/AM53C974)

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C--