Re: Invalid inode->i_sb in clear_inode()? (was Re: Kernel Oops,

Michael B. Trausch (mtrausch@wcnet.org)
Wed, 5 May 1999 17:16:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Alexander Viro wrote:

AV> Stack trace will not help here - grow_inodes() was called due to
AV>shortage of free inodes and it stumbled accross the thing with i_count
AV>being 0 and i_sb being FUBAR. We never deallocate struct super, so it's
AV>not a case of a dangling pointer after kfree(). We never deallocate struct
AV>inode and reuse it only for other inodes, so either it's a corrupted cache
AV>chain (not modified outside of inode.c) or corrupted i_sb or random memory
AV>corruption from completely unrelated source...

Maybe (dare I say it) one of those alpha ray things? =(

Michael B. Trausch
President of Linux Operations, ADK Computers
ADK Computers, Walbridge Office Phone: 419.838.8104
5375 Keller Road Main Office: 419.882.7435
Walbridge, OH 43465 E-Mail: mtrausch@wcnet.org
Wednesday, May 05, 1999
The longer the title, the less important the job.