Re: Oops assist...

Michael B. Trausch (mtrausch@wcnet.org)
Thu, 6 May 1999 14:39:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Keith Owens wrote:

KO>On Thu, 6 May 1999 06:04:12 -0400 (EDT),
KO>"Michael B. Trausch" <mtrausch@wcnet.org> wrote:
KO>>OTOH, the kernel should be restarted... My Linux oops'd once when I put
KO>>buggy RAM in it, and it instantly rebooted.
KO>
KO>That is hitting a special case, a triple page fault. The buggy RAM
KO>caused a fault, the error handler took another fault, recovering from
KO>that failed again - instant reboot from hardware. In a lot of cases,

Wow. Ya learn something new every day.

I need to get out of high school and into a good CS college. =)

Michael B. Trausch
President of Linux Operations, ADK Computers
ADK Computers, Walbridge Office Phone: 419.838.8104
5375 Keller Road Main Office: 419.882.7435
Walbridge, OH 43465 E-Mail: mtrausch@wcnet.org
Thursday, May 06, 1999
Half the lies they tell me aren't true. --Yogi Berra