RE: MAGIC SYS RQ Key

Mike Galbraith (mikeg@weiden.de)
Fri, 7 May 1999 05:23:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Fagerburg, Eric D wrote:

> I also can't reproduce this problem (on 2.2.5). Can you run "showkey -s"
> and send the output from the sequence of keys that's causing you trouble?
> Machine architecture, keyboard type, etc. might be helpful tidbits too.

Here the problem does show itself, but only until the first vt change
after a fresh boot. The symptoms are slightly different in that entering
an invalid SysRq displays usage message, but anything after that just
beeps.. until a valid SysRq or vt change. After one vt change, the bug
hides until reboot. (k2.2.7 and cherry kbd)

-Mike