Re: Ken Thompson interview in IEEE Computer magazine (fwd)

Alex Buell (alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 7 May 1999 15:16:33 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:

> Its on linuxtoday now and its probably only a matter of time before it
> hits slashdot... the full interview is at
> http://computer.org/computer/thompson.htm (but the full linux quote
> was in my earlier mail)

It has already hit slashdot and all the usual Linux "3l33t" losers are
coming out of the woodwork whinging at Ken Thompson. I fully accept I was
wrong to malign Ken Thompson in the first place though, I've been reading
up on his background recently. However, I still think his comment
comparing Linux to NT is just not quite cricket, old boy.

Cheers,
Alex

--
"A mind opened by new ideas can never return to its original limits"

http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk