Re: Ken Thompson interview in IEEE Computer magazine (fwd)

John Kodis (kodis@jagunet.com)
Sat, 8 May 1999 20:53:59 -0400

On Sat, May 08, 1999 at 01:51:21PM -0400, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

> Moreover, [Plan 9 is] still very early in its life cycle compared to
> Unix. It's still at about the same stage as 6th Research Edition
> Unix was --- so it's a bit premature to call it a failure. All it
> would really take would be for some analog of UCB-CSRG to pick it up....

Or more likely, for some college student to decide that he'd like a
free version; nothing fancy or portable, just something for his new
Merced box. I wonder what kind of grade Tannenbaum would give it?

-- John Kodis.