Re: Ken Thompson interview in IEEE Computer magazine (fwd)

Alex Buell (alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 10 May 1999 02:14:55 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 8 May 1999, John Kodis wrote:

> Or more likely, for some college student to decide that he'd like a
> free version; nothing fancy or portable, just something for his new
> Merced box. I wonder what kind of grade Tannenbaum would give it?

"F". That's what he told Linus a few years ago if he had been one of his
students. There is an exchange of messages between him and Tannenbaum
archived on the web, you should be able to find it.

Cheers,
Alex

--
"A mind opened by new ideas can never return to its original limits"

http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk