Re: ISDN and the Latest Kernels ...

Paul Slootman (paul@wau.mis.ah.nl)
Mon, 10 May 1999 16:25:18 +0200

In article <19990510121610.A12316@uni-mainz.de>
dominik.kubla@uni-mainz.de wrote:

>That's not right: If you look closely, you will see that the ISDN code from
>the CVS archive (or the snapshots at ftp.suse.com) simply overwrites the
>kernel code. So you will loose all the work that has been done to get the
>ISDN stuff running on non-Intel platforms, especially the onboard ISDN of
>certain SparcStations.

It's unfortunate that Linus didn't want to accept the (admittedly)
large patch to bring 2.2 up to date with the development version,
and _does_ accept patches to the code from someone who apparently
didn't make much effort to communicate with the other isdn4linux
people.

>While we are at it: Anybody working on adding RFC1570 callback to Linux?
>Right now we can do "Q.something" callback (by D-channel signaling) and
>CBCP. But many companies run CISCO's for their secure communication (as
>mine does) and they won't work with this. I browsed the ISDN4Linux archive

It doesn't work with Cisco's? Curious. I _know_ that isdn4linux
callback works fine with Ascends.

Paul Slootman

--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org