Re: make boot fails

alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk
Tue, 11 May 1999 17:10:48 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 11 May 1999, Andrzej Krzysztofowicz wrote:

> As I mentioned above: bootsect.S/setup.S code works for kernel files
> less than 1MB only. And it is not easy to be modified as bootsect.o
> must be less than 512 bytes, setup.o must be located on the first
> track ( <4kB ), etc...

Now you've aroused my curiousity - tonight I shall bring all my modules
into the kernel and try to build a true monolithic kernel and see what
happens. I refuse to believe a compressed kernel image larger than 1MB in
size will not boot.

Cheers,
Alex

--
"A mind opened by new ideas cannot return to its original limits"

http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk