Re: [RFT] 2.2.8_andrea1 wake-one [Re: Overscheduling DOES happen with high web server load.]

Dean Gaudet (dgaudet-list-linux-kernel@arctic.org)
Wed, 12 May 1999 23:55:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 12 May 1999, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> Note: it has also my wake-one on accept that just address completly the
> overscheduling problem. But to achieve performances by it you must make
> sure that _all_ apache tasks are sleeping in accept(2) and not in
> flock(2)/fcntl(2)/whatever. Maybe you'll need to patch apache to achieve

no patch required, just do this to configure apache:

env CFLAGS='-DSINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT' ./configure

... and make sure you have only one listening socket.

Dean