Oops, sorry for the spam.. (was: Re: 2.3.x wish list?)

Matti Aarnio (matti.aarnio@sonera.fi)
Thu, 13 May 1999 18:47:36 +0300 (EEST)

(damn, paper-bag time...)

I wrote -- 15 copies according to maillog -- that:

> Have a look at:
> http://linux-patches.rock-projects.com/
> you might become surprised...

Sorry, I should be more carefull while tinkering with very complex
interleaved MTA algorithms at my MTA development system, where I
also do my personal email, e.g. Linux things.

I did think the message was resent twice, and didn't go out to VGER to
hunt it, but apparently I was wrong :-( I have just stopped all yet
undelivered messages found at VGER. Not very many, but some were stopped
before reaching you.

Problem was that the MTA sent the message out just fine, but then it
made a mistake at an upper level routine interpreting the result a bit
wrong, and the message was marked as 'try again'..
( It was a lot of Linus-pleasing "patching": Remove heaps of junky code,
until it is simple enough to be understandable -- and work to correctly. )

/Matti Aarnio <matti.aarnio@sonera.fi>