Re: 2.3.x wish list?

Nils Vogels (nivo@worldonline.es)
Fri, 14 May 1999 09:53:07 +0200

mark@hoist.nlcomm.com wrote:

> Is there one of these going around yet? Here are the features that I
> would enjoy, and I believe are kernel space issues:
>
> - Encryption at the IP level (IPsec?)
> - ext2 is showing its age on larger partitions; my 3 9 gig drives
> take about a half hour to fsck, and up to a minute just to mount.
> My database server will need support for +2gig files by the end
> of the year. "go to a 64 bit machine" is not reasonable for
> everyone. 8^)
> - GGI
A small wishlist from a simple end user..

Maybe USB support could be included into the 2.3 series?
More and more hardware (scanners, camera's) is supporting mainly USB, so
I think it's just a matter of time before more people would like the
linux kernel to support it too..

Grtz,

--
Nils Vogels
System Administrator LAN/WAN

"You will be assimilated" 'No time for that now. Maybe later.' Seven of Nine and Neelix, Star Trek Voyager, "Mortal Coil", stardate 51449.2

Die Well! -- A common Klingon salutation ~ ~ :wq!