Re: [Patch:] for Kernel 2.2.7: bugfixes for ISO-FS, Atari

Wolfram Kleff (wkleff@bigfoot.com)
Thu, 13 May 1999 00:28:05 +0200 (CEST)

On 12-May-99 Meelis Roos wrote:
> partition
>
> WK> - fix for mount isofs option "mode": the permission mode should be octal
> not
> WK> decimal
>
> This is broken IMHO. You could use 0177, 255 or 0xff before. 0 is for
> octal as always and this is consistent with other places.

Which program responsible for permission change or display uses decimal
or hex number format ?

Well, according to the mount documentation you are right:

mode=value
For non-Rock Ridge volumes, give all files the
indicated mode. (Default: read permission for
everybody.) Since Linux 2.1.37 one no longer needs
to specify the mode in decimal. (Octal is indicated
by a leading 0.)

OK, I must admit that this patch is coming from Kernel 2.0.
But I don't think that decimal/hex numbers make any sense for permission
mode....
Anyway, I'll wait a week to look if there are any other complains with this
patch and post the "corrected" patch then. OK ?