Re: Slashdot shitheads

Georg Wilckens (Durandal@t-online.de)
Sat, 15 May 1999 12:19:47 +0200

On Thu, May 13, 1999 at 06:10:21PM -0400, Zygo Blaxell wrote:

> Completely random thought...
>
> As a newbie-deterrent(*), why not put a short statement that is
> printk()'ed at bootup right after the version line. I can't really

Sounds like a good idea to warn clueless users about the development
series but it would be more appropriate to do so at config-time or
after compiling. What does a clueless user do if he gets the message
after a reboot and has already thrown away his old kernel? It would be
annoying in the boot message too.

Regards,
Georg

--
Georg Wilckens <durandal@t-online.de>
http://home.t-online.de/home/durandal

In America, it's not how much an item costs, it's how much you save.