Re: USB mouse with Linux 2.2.8: success! (same here!)

Aaron Tiensivu (tiensivu@pilot.msu.edu)
Sat, 15 May 1999 22:53:28 -0400

On Fri, May 14, 1999 at 12:25:14PM -0400, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> I just got Linux 2.2.8 to work with my new USB mouse. Details:
> Linus' Linux kernel 2.2.8, no custom patches
2.3.2 here

> Logitech OEM USB mouse, ``model M-UB48''

Same. I really like this $15 wonder.

> Built-in USB on Intel 440LX chipset with UHCI driver

440BX here

> Mouse used by gpm with following command (works simultaneously with
> standard PS/2 mouse):
>
> gpm -3 -m /dev/psaux -r 15 -t imps2 -M -3 -m /dev/usbmouse -t ps2 -R

I've also found you can do 'mouse wars' under Windows with both mice plugged
in. I used to keep the MouseMan plugged in and around for Linux until recently.

> Congratulations to Linus and the Linux USB team for getting this
> working! I look forward to getting my USB scanner working as well;

Yeah. It seems to be pretty flawless so far.

> Here's what the kernel logged at insmod usb-uhci time for anyone who
> might be interested. I've removed the timestamps as a waste of
> bandwidth:

I got the same output also. :)
Now I just need to get the mousewheel configured correctly which seems to be
elusive so far.