Re: [Godwin] Re: Kernel Nazis/LinBSD (was Re: Slashdot shitheads)

Marc Espie (espie@quatramaran.ens.fr)
Sun, 16 May 1999 22:04:30 +0200

In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.9905150710330.8322-100000@52-a-usw.rb1.blv.nwnexus.net> you write:
>On Thu, 13 May 1999 kernel@draper.net wrote:
>> Yup, FWIW, I do have a copies of FreeBSD (and OpenBSD) running here.
>> Nevertheless I am not a fan of the Cathedral development model.
>> That does not mean that *BSD is a dirty word. It indicates
>> only that *BSD is constrained by Cathedral thinking, IMHO.

>No, what it indicates is that you don't know how FreeBSD is developed.
>The absolute latest development FreeBSD is available via CVS. Nearly
>everthing connected with FreeBSD development has a mailing list you can join.
>Anyone can submit changes, which have to be committed by one of
>approximately 150 people who have commit access to the CVS tree.

Same for OpenBSD. The CVS commit list is public. You can find the changes,
and the rationale, and you can discuss them up for people responsible for
them.

and it's very easy to join in, as long as you can write code that works...

It's actually *easier* to follow than linux development, since you *don't*
have to hang up on dozen places to find out what's going.

BTW, puttint Kernel nazis/LinBSD in the subject line is a very poor joke...
This is a somewhat public list, and there are lots of people hanging around.
If you like that bazaar-style so much, why trying to offend/drive away
BSD developpers ?