Re: Printer and Zip drive don't work together.

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 18 May 1999 17:00:43 +0100 (GMT)

On Mon, 17 May 1999, Matthew Vanecek wrote:

> The zip drive works regardless of the presence of the printer. To use
> the printer, I have to unplug the Zip drive and plug in the printer to
> lpt. Everything is compiled into the kernel, parport, parallel
> printer/PC-hardware, etc.

If you plug the printer in, print with it, unplug it, plug the Zip drive
(freshly powered) in and plug the printer into that, does printing work?
If not, I'd suspect the Zip drive hardware.

Tim.
*/