Re: AHA2940UW Pro Bios problems

Doug Ledford (dledford@redhat.com)
Tue, 18 May 1999 14:09:17 -0400

Conrad Heiney wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I am running 2.2.9 on a Gateway GP6-300 which is a P2 box with the PIIX4 IDE
> chipset. It has performed faithfully with IDE/UDMA drives on 2.0, 2.1 and now
> 2.2 kernels. I've used the Matrox FBCON without trouble, various modems, and an
> NE2K ethernet card.
>
> I purchased an Adaptec AHA-2940UW Pro card, built the appropriate SCSI driver
> into the kernel, and installed a new HD and CDROM. Everything runs swimmingly
> on bootup until Linux itself starts.
>
> The SCSI interface is not recognized by the kernel on bootup (I get scsi: 0
> hosts), and scanning /proc/pci shows that it is seen as an "Adaptec unknown
> device".

You can try my 5.1.16 patch and see if that helps. It adds several new
device IDs that I have never personally seen but were at least made
(like the UW Pro I think). If that doesn't do the trick, then get me
the device_id and vendor_id out of /proc/pci and I can get it working
with a few lines of patch.

--
  Doug Ledford   <dledford@redhat.com>
   Opinions expressed are my own, but