Re: Capabilities done right [diff against 2.3.1]

Y2K (y2k@y2ker.com)
Wed, 19 May 1999 11:17:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Johan [iso-8859-1] Myréen wrote:
> The question is, is it right (from a philosophical point of view) that
> the capabilities are transferred vith the bits, no matter where the bits
> end up? Or shouldn't the fact that the 'ping' program has certain
> privileges be linked to that it has been installed as a privileged
> program in /sbin on a certain machine?
I think it is excellent for restrictions to be copied all over the place.
I could realy can less if cap-enhancers are not copied but
the restrictions should move quite close to the program itself.

--
Any caps I mention are *derived* from a withdrawn draft posix document.
See http://www.millenniumproductsllc.com/sjp/ for more info.