Re: /dev/psaux-related crash in 2.2.7ac3

John Fulmer (jfulmer@appin.org)
Wed, 19 May 1999 13:49:30 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 17 May 1999, J. S. Connell wrote:

> It would appear that if you attempt to open /dev/psaux twice, the kernel
> will very messily panic. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with an Oops
> - it seems the kernel was mutilating itself to the point where it was
> causing a hard reset.

Just thought I would mention the fact that I am still (2.2.9) having
periodic problems with /dev/psaux getting in an unstable state after
switching from X to text screen and back every once in awhile on my
Toshiba Tecra 8000 with an external microsoft mouse. It makes the cursor
ride in the upper right corner, and act very erraticly.

jf