Re: Capabilities done right [diff against 2.3.1]

Rodger Donaldson (rodgerd@ftp.wnl.co.nz)
Wed, 19 May 1999 15:55:35 +1200

On Mon, May 17, 1999 at 09:53:41AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> And anything that requires me to compile anything as a MIS person is
> basically not acceptable. Remember what =users= are? They are the kind of
> people that want to use the system, and not care about the technical
> issues.

I'll say an amen to that as an administrator - I'd feel a large portion of
the ostensible benefits of capabilities had been lost if I have to compile an
ELF binary anytime I want to modify a program's capabilities.

--
Rodger Donaldson	rodgerd@ihug.co.nz