Re: Long `rm` times.

Marc Heckmann (pfeif@step.polymtl.ca)
Fri, 21 May 1999 13:08:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 19 May 1999, Richard B. Johnson wrote:

> With version 2.2.6, I do not have long file remove times. If some
> are having such a problem, it might have to do with their disk drives
> and/or drivers. I have some SCSI disks and a BusLogic controller.

Hi,

I have a Sun Ultra/10 here (IDE drive) running RH-6.0 2.2.5 and an
rm on a large file takes a _really_ long time to return and other I/O's on
the disk don't return till the rm is done either (or at least till after
a really long time). So maybe it's an IDE only problem. I have a PC with
SCSI (BusLogic) and IDE at home, I'll try it here tonight.

Marc