Re: Mysterious lockups in 2.2.9.

Shadow Dolphin (dolphin@dolphinparadise.net)
Mon, 24 May 1999 10:18:26 -0700

On Mon, May 24, 1999 at 12:38:22PM +0200, Brian Schau wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Am I the only one who has experienced lockups in 2.2.9?
>
> Setup ....

<setup info snipped>

> Description. When in X/Icewm (I haven't been out of X much lately ;o)
> the machine sometimes locks, dead solid. No response whatsoever - the
> clock in icewm freezes ;o)
> Magic sysrq key doesn't work either. Nothing suspicious in the
> logfiles.
>
> A plain'n simple lockup.

I've had the same situation happen on my 21164 LX Alpha. the machine is not actually 'locked up', i can ssh in and kill the X11 server and regain control. it seems to be some sort of problem with reading input in raw modes, however i have no time nor the knowlege to debug this.

> Kind regards,
>

> Brian

-SVD