Re: corruption of ext2 loopback mounted encrypted filesystems.

kernel@draper.net
Sun, 30 May 1999 02:20:09 -0500

On Wed, May 26, 1999 at 03:31:02AM +0100, root@mauve.demon.co.uk wrote:
> I'm seeing corruption of filesystems, encrypted, with idea, on kernel
> 2.2.5, with the kerneli patch applied, and e2compr (though I am not using
> e2compr on the affected filesystems)
> Apm, as it's a laptop.

<snip>

I am not aware of similar symptoms reported against either the loop
device driver or the kerneli patches (Astor, please feel free to
comment if you like).

It would be helpful to determine if corruption continues to occur after
e2compr modifications have been removed from your system.

Regards,
Reed H. Petty
rhp@draper.net