Re: Simultaneous network/IDE traffic = reboot

John Hayward-Warburton (linux@billabong.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 13:37:06 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 31 May 1999, Roland Olsson wrote:
> I have found a very simple way of reproducing the crash. Just do a 'ping
> -f' to the machine for a second or so and run 'hdparm -t /dev/hda' at
> the same time. It reboots almost immediately. One more thing, if I do

Exactly this test done to this 2.2.9 kernel (Gigabyte 586ATX2
motherboard, similar network configuration, pinging from a separate
machine)... no problems. System stays up.

???

JHW